The Spinal Surgical unit at RNOH includes one of the largest Spinal Deformity Services in Europe. Referrals to this service come from throughout the UK and internationally, and the unit has a world-renowned reputation for its pioneering work. Specialist Spinal Surgeons treat a wide variety of patients from simple to very complex problems.
- Metastatic spinal cord compression
- MSCC referral form
- Myeloma referral form
- Spinal Infection referral form
- Spinal Tumour referral service
- Spinal Trauma referral form
Surgical and non-surgical management of children and adults with congenital and acquired spinal deformity ranging from vertebral (spinal) and neuro-muscular disease to trauma and tumours. This includes:
- Infantile Scoliosis
- Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Ankylosing Spondylosis
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Syndromic Scoliosis
- Cerebral Palsy patients with associated spinal deformity
- MRI and CT scanning
- Bone Scanning
- Bone densitometry
- CT guided Biopsy
Referrals are accepted from GPs and hospital consultants
- Amy Bishop, Senior Nurse, Spinal Deformity Unit: 0208 909 5328
- Louise Ward, Senior Nurse, Spinal Deformity Unit: 0208 909 5617
- Clare Harman, Senior Nurse, Spinal Deformity Unit: 0208 909 5828
- New Appointments Spinal – if you know your consultant, please contact their secretary, if unsure, please call: 0203 947 0053
- Follow-ups – 0203 947 0053
Spinal Deformity and Injury
- Dr Hayder Agha - Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation (Adult), Musculoskeletal and Trauma Rehabilitation, Spasticity and Pain Management.
- Mr Hanny Anwar - Specialist with fellowship training in spinal surgery: Acute spinal conditions (disc prolapse, sciatica, arm / neck pain), Spinal tumour surgery...
- Mr Manish Desai - Specialist rehabilitation of Spinal cord injury due to Polytrauma, Tumours (primary and metastatic), and Cauda Equina Syndrome patients. Musculoskeletal interventions in SCI patients.
- Dr Jan Gawronski - Spinal cord injury rehabilitation (adult and children).
- Mr Alexander Gibson - Deformity (scoliosis and kyphosis), fractures, infection, tumours and degenerative disease.
- Mr Jan Herzog - Paediatric and Adult Spinal Deformity and Injury, Navigation in Spinal Surgery, Degenerative Spinal Pathologies, Spinal Disease in Myeloma,...
- Mr Jan Lehovsky - Spinal deformity, scoliosis, spinal injury, spinal tumours and cervical spine.
- Mr Julian Leong - Spinal Deformity and Spinal Surgery
- Mr Michael Mokawem - Paediatric spine deformity. Minimally invasive spine surgery. Computer navigated spine surgery. Adult spine deformity. Lumbar spine stenosis....
- Mr Sean Molloy - Scoliosis and kyphosis on all age groups. He has particular interest in adult degenerative scoliosis. He also sees a large number of patients with...
- Mr Hilali Noordeen - All areas of spinal surgery (adult and paediatric).
Information Guides for Adults
|A Patient’s Guide to Low Back Fusion Surgery||179.86 KB|
|Healthy Eating After Spinal Injury||161.99 KB|
|A Patient's Guide to Looking After Your Shoulders following a Spinal Cord Injury||1,030.92 KB|