The Adult and Paediatric limb reconstruction Unit at the RNOH is led by Consultants who are recognised both nationally and internationally for their expertise and experience.
The service at the RNOH encompasses multiple reconstructive orthopaedic techniques. Including, limb lengthening and deformity correction with internal fixation such as nailing and external fixation, for example, with Ilizarov, LRS and Taylor Spatial Frames. We were the first UK centre to use the Precice Nail.
Range of services
- Congenital bone dysplasias
- Congenital deformities of the foot
- Shortening and deformity in association with generalised bone conditions
- Fracture non-union
- Post traumatic limb deformity
Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Anna Timms
- Sharon Fugazzotto
- Penina Edel
- Grace Crook
Frame Academy: an animated video for young patients aged 5-11 being treated with external fixators. It was developed to improve understanding of having surgery & living with an external fixator. It has been possible via funding from the RNOH Charity.
The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust (RNOH) receives clinical referrals to our specialist, tertiary neuro-musculoskeletal services from primary, secondary and tertiary care institutions regarding both NHS and private patients.
From Monday 13th December, the RNOH Limb Reconstruction service has committed to using ‘PATHPOINT’, an electronic referral and pathway management system, for all Consultant-led referrals from secondary and tertiary care organisations.
General Practitioners should continue to refer to RNOH using the UK Electronic Referral System (ERS)- please see below.
PATHPOINT offers significant benefits to referrers:
- Secure, streamlined, electronic referral forms
- Receive updates and notifications in real time
- Increased visibility of all referrals and triage outcomes
For further information on the PATHPOINT system, please click here
Referrals are accepted from GPs via the NHS e-referral system.
Referrals from Consultants and can be emailed to email@example.com
Secretary to Mr Calder and Mr Goodier, 020 8909 5890
- Mr Peter R Calder - Paediatric orthopaedics, adult and paediatric congenital deformity correction and limb reconstruction.
- Mr David Goodier - Mr Goodier has pioneered Limb Reconstruction treatment using the Ilizarov and other external fixators, as well as deformity correction, management of...
- Mr Jonathan Wright - Paediatric orthopaedics (excluding spine). Congenital and acquired limb deformities in children and adults.
Information Guides for Adults
See the full list of Patient Information Guides.