The Adult and Paediatric limb reconstruction Unit at the RNOH is led by Consultants who are recognised both nationally and internationally for their expertise and experience.
The service at the RNOH encompasses multiple reconstructive orthopaedic techniques. Including, limb lengthening and deformity correction with internal fixation such as nailing and external fixation, for example, with Ilizarov, LRS and Taylor Spatial Frames. We were the first UK centre to use the Precice Nail.
Range of services
- Congenital bone dysplasias
- Congenital deformities of the foot
- Shortening and deformity in association with generalised bone conditions
- Fracture non-union
- Post traumatic limb deformity
Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Anna Timms
- Sharon Fugazzotto
- Penina Edel
- Tracy Roskrow
Referrals are accepted from GPs via the NHS e-referral system.
Referrals from Consultants and can be faxed or posted to the Catterall Unit. Fax No: 020 8954 4566
Secretary to Mr Calder and Mr Goodier, 020 8909 5890
- Mr Peter R Calder - Paediatric orthopaedics, adult and paediatric congenital deformity correction and limb reconstruction.
- Mr David Goodier - Mr Goodier has pioneered Limb Reconstruction treatment using the Ilizarov and other external fixators, as well as deformity correction, management of...
- Mr Jonathan Wright - Paediatric orthopaedics (excluding spine). Congenital and acquired limb deformities in children and adults.
Information Guides for Adults
See the full list of Patient Information Guides.