For Rheumatology patients taking immunosuppressant/biologic drugs please visit the British Society of Rheumatology website for the latest update and further guidance: https://www.rheumatology.org.uk/News-Policy/Details/Covid19-Coronavirus-update-members
The rheumatology service focuses on the diagnosis and management of inflammatory and degenerative joint disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis and soft tissue rheumatology, for example, frozen shoulder.
- Investigation and management of inflammatory joint disease and connective tissue disorders
- Investigation and management of soft tissue rheumatism
- Investigation and management of back pain
- In-patient rehabilitation service for patients with ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis
- In-patient rehabilitation service for patients with hypermobility and chronic pain
- Multi-disciplinary management of chronic rheumatic disorders in liaison with experienced orthopaedic physiotherapists, occupational therapists and clinical psychologists
- Telephone hotline advisory service with Rheumatology Nurse Specialist
- Close collaboration with orthopaedic surgeons
- Combined clinics/close collaboration with physiotherapists, occupational therapists and podiatrists
Please refer to the documentation below for information on our referral acceptance criteria for Hypermobility, and for a copy of our referral proforma that will need to be included with any referral into the hypermobility service. Please see the documents at the bottom of this page.
Rheumatology - Secretary and Administration 020 3947 0044
Metabolic Bone Disease Unit - Secretary and Administration 020 3947 0056
Rheumatology Nurse Specialist - Advice Line 020 3947 0184
Dr Helen Cohen - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Dr Richard Keen - Osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease. Fibrous dysplasia. Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva. Hyophosphatasia. Osteogenesis Imperfecta....
Dr Gayatri Mittal - Ankylosing Spondylitis, early inflammatory arthritis, gout, hypermobility