The RNOH offers a complete range of radiological and scanning services to support all clinical areas within the Trust for both private and NHS patients.
Range of Services
The Stanmore site offers MRI, CT, nuclear medicine, fluoroscopy, ultrasound (US) DXA and x-ray examinations. For further information on any of these services, go to:
- Scanning Department (MRI, CT, Radio-isotopes or nuclear medicine)
- Radiology Department (US, fluoroscopy and plain film or x-ray examinations)
- DXA (Metabolic Unit) (osteoporosis examinations)
The department at 45 Bolsover St, London, offers x-ray and US examinations. For further information on any of these services, go to Bolsover Street Imaging and Orthotics Department.
Access: All the imaging services are available to any NHS patient seen at the RNOH Trust, following referral to us for imaging. We make every effort to accommodate patient requests for specific appointment times where possible, but do have very high demand for our services and please be aware we are required to have completed all imaging within a certain time. We may have to ask you to prioritize your appointment with us.
Private patient referrals are also accepted throughout the services, usually by appointment but as a walk-in service for x-rays at both the Stanmore and Bolsover Street sites. Please contact the Private Patient Coordinator, or the relevant department reception, to make appointment arrangements or for any further information.
The only direct GP access to our services is offered for osteoporosis scanning (DXA) in the Stanmore site Metabolic unit. DXA scan results will be sent to the referrer and an appointment with our Metabolic Consultant, Dr Richard Keen, is available for patients with a high fracture risk. For further information on referrals see DXA (Metabolic Unit).
Main service number: 020 3947 0040
Radiology Fax: 020 8909 5281
Scanning Fax: 020 8909 5270
DXA Fax: 020 8909 5721
Our consultant radiologists are involved in a number of multi-disciplinary team meetings with colleagues throughout the Trust covering a wide range of services. Some common services are:
- Anaesthetic and steroid joint injections (extremities and spinal) for pain management.
- PRP (platelet-rich-plasma) injections to promote tissue healing (management of tendinopathy).
- Biopsy services for a wide range of tissues.
- Dr Sajid Butt - Spinal imaging. Sports imaging.
- Dr Michele Calleja - Musculoskeletal imaging.
- Dr Ruth Green - Bone and soft tissue sarcoma diagnosis and follow-up. All imaging modalities relating to musculoskeletal pathology: MRI, CT, US and nuclear medicine...
- Dr Rikin Hargunani - Imaging of bone and soft tissue tumours, bone and joint infections, musculoskeletal interventional radiology, arthritis and sports injury imaging.
- Michael Khoo - Musculoskeletal imaging (including orthopaedics, trauma, sports medicine and rheumatology). Spinal imaging. Bone and soft tissue sarcoma imaging....
- Thillainayagam Muthukumar - Orthopedics and sports imaging and intervention. Spine imaging and intervention. Bone and soft tissue sarcoma imaging and intervention.
- Dr Paul O'Donnell - Bone and soft tissue tumours, Radiofrequency ablation, Ultrasound, CT and fluoroscopically-guided intervention
- Dr Ian Pressney - Imaging of bone and soft tissue tumours, adult degenerative spinal imaging, integrated functional imaging with SPECT-CT and sports injury imaging....
- Dr Asif Saifuddin - Bone and soft tissue sarcoma imaging, MSK MRI, needle biopsy.
- Dr Philippa Tyler - Musculoskeletal imaging.