Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
The Trust is committed to ensuring that it is a place where our staff, patients and visitors feel included, represented and receive the support that best meets their needs. We are equally committed to ensuring that we act on institutional discrimination and address inequality within our organisation.
Equality & Diversity Strategy 2022 -25
By 2025 we will:
- Be a leading anti-discriminatory NHS organisation.
This means that we will act on our areas of greatest need, to prevent unlawful discrimination and harmful behaviours towards marginalized and under-served communities
- Develop an inclusive culture where everyone feels that they belong are represented and receives the equitable support that they need
- Train our staff to be able to identify, challenge and take action against discrimination
- Improve how we use data to evaluate and address inequalities for our staff
- Identify and address health inequalities in our patient population
If you would like more information about EDI at the RNOH, please contact our EDI Lead via rnoh.
Annual Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Report
This report covers the period from 1 April 2021 – 31 March 2022.
This paper reports on the Trusts statutory requirements to review and publish our equality, diversity and inclusion metrics and action plans, including:
- Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES)
- Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES)
- Gender Pay Gap (GPG)