Mr Alexander Gibson
- Consultant orthopaedic surgeon
- Spinal Deformity and Injury
- Specialist clinical interests:
- Deformity (scoliosis and kyphosis), fractures, infection, tumours and degenerative disease.
- Professional profile:
Mr Gibson was appointed as a consultant spinal surgeon at the RNOH in 2009.
Mr Gibson sees children and adults of all ages for assessment, monitoring, non-operative treatments (injections, bracing, physiotherapy) as well as surgery.
- Education and training:
Mr Gibson trained for six years as an orthopaedic registrar in Oxford and then 18 months of fellowship training in Auckland, New Zealand and Brisbane Australia. His spinal surgical practice is dedicated to spinal deformity and other major spinal reconstructions that are required in the treatment of spinal fractures, cancers and degenerative disease.
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- British Scoliosis Society
- British Orthopaedic Association