The LSCIC Outreach Team is responsible for providing specialist spinal cord injury education and support to patients and relatives, and staff treating newly injured patients.
Therapeutic Management of Children and Young Persons with SCI (3-4 October 2023)
Practical Workshops and Lectures in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation: 14 - 15 June 2023 (2 days)
LSCIC at The Royal London Hospital: Spinal Cord Injury Study Day (23 May 2023)
Spinal Cord Injury Outreach Team Study Day timetable
Slides from Study Day
- Acute Spinal Cord Injury Introduction Neurological Assessment
- Cardiorespiratory Management and Ventilator Free Breathing weaning in Spinal Cord Injury
- Acute Nursing Management in Spinal Cord Injury
- Jumping the Mental Illness Barrier
- Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy in Spinal Cord Injury
- Speech and Language Therapy in Spinal Cord Injury
- Introduction to Case Management
- Introduction to New Roles
LSCIC at St Georges: Neurogenic Nursing Study Day – 31 January 2023
ISNCSCI (ASIA) Chart: ASIA-ISCOS-IntlWorksheet_2019.pdf (asia-spinalinjury.org)
MASCIP Neurogenic Bowel Guidelines
ISNCSCI (ASIA) Charting (Introduction).
The Neuropathic Bladder Following Spinal Cord Injury
Neurogenic Bowel Function
Neurogenic Skin Care Presentation
CYP SCI Study Day - 12 January 2023
Acute Spinal Cord Injury Introduction Neurological Assessment
A Paediatricians Perspective
Back to School
Children, Young People and Families impact of and coping with Spinal Cord Injury
Hospital Education at RNOH
Nursing Management in SCI Children and Young People
Nutrition Considerations for Paediatrics and Young people with a SCI
Role of the Case Manager
Therapeutic Management of Children and Young Persons with a SCI
CYP Study Day timetable
If you wish to refer to this service please go to the National Spinal Cord Injury Database.
For enquiries regarding existing referrals please call 020 8909 5121 (Monday-Friday 0900-1700)
Outreach & Community Liaison Team Lead - Sophie Nawarski sophienawarski
Outreach Rehabilitation Consultant – Dr Jan Gawronski
Pan London Outreach Psychiatric Outreach Consultant – Dr Parashar Ramanuj
Consultant Anaesthetist - Dr Matt Henley
Outreach Physiotherapist – Kate Roberts kateroberts3
Outreach CNS - Natasha Wallace email@example.com
Outreach Physiotherapist – Caley Toomey caley.
Outreach CNS – Rosa Castro rosa.
Outreach CNS – Nancy O’Connor nancy.
Outreach CNS – Louise Halpenny louise.
CYP Spinal Clinical Nurse Specialist – Lisa Swann-Hayden lisa.
CYP Spinal Clinical Nurse Specialist – Laura Graham laura.
CYP Spinal Clinical Nurse Specialist – Lisa Gunn lisa.
Vacancy - Outreach Case Manager - TBC
Karen Richardson – Outreach Case Manager k.
Martin Chainani – Community Case Manager m.
Outreach Administrator - Cathy Godfrey catherine.
Outreach Team inbox: rno-tr.
- SIA/MASCIP bowel guidelines 2012
- SIA/Huntleigh Manual Handling Operations moving and handling guidelines
- RCN catheter care
- Ventilator Free Breathing Guidelines
- LSCIC Patient Education Pack
- SW London and Surrey Pathway for children with SCI July 2014
- Advice Centres for children with SCI
- NICE Guideline - Spinal Injury: assessment and initial management
- Advice for Acute Centres on Acute SCI in Adults
- FAQ for patients under care at SCIC