The LSCIC Outreach Team is responsible for providing specialist spinal cord injury education and support to patients and relatives, and staff treating newly injured patients.
Study Days in Spinal Cord Injury
Bookings: Please contact Cathy Godfrey Outreach Administrator on 0208 909 5121 catherine.
Spinal Cord Injury Outreach Team Study Day timetable
Slides from Study Day
- Acute Spinal Cord Injury Introduction Neurological Assessment
- Cardiorespiratory Management and Ventilator Free Breathing weaning in Spinal Cord Injury
- Acute Nursing Management in Spinal Cord Injury
- Jumping the Mental Illness Barrier
- Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy in Spinal Cord Injury
- Speech and Language Therapy in Spinal Cord Injury
- Introduction to Case Management
- Introduction to New Roles
We would love your feedback from this Study Day. Please fill out the form below.
LSCIC Outreach Study Day Feedback 2023 (google.com)
Spinal Cord Injury Neurogenic Nursing Study Day timetable
The Mystery of Autonomic Dysreflexia poster
Sitting Pressure Relief Technique
ISNCSCI (ASIA) Chart: ASIA-ISCOS-IntlWorksheet_2019.pdf (asia-spinalinjury.org)
MASCIP Neurogenic Bowel Guidelines
ISNCSCI (ASIA) Charting (Introduction).
The Neuropathic Bladder Following Spinal Cord Injury
Acute Spinal Cord Injury Introduction Neurological Assessment
Children, Young People and Families impact of and coping with Spinal Cord Injury
Nursing Management in SCI Children and Young People
Nutrition Considerations for Paediatrics and Young people with a SCI
Therapeutic Management of Children and Young Persons with a SCI
If you wish to refer to this service please go to the National Spinal Cord Injury Database.
For enquiries regarding existing referrals please call 020 8909 5121 (Monday-Friday 0900-1700)
Outreach & Community Liaison Team Lead - Sophie Nawarski sophienawarski
Outreach Rehabilitation Consultant – Dr Jan Gawronski j.
Pan London Outreach Psychiatric Outreach Consultant – Dr Parashar Ramanuj
Consultant Anaesthetist - Dr Matt Henley matthenley
Outreach Physiotherapist – Kate Roberts kateroberts3
Outreach CNS - Natasha Wallace firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach CNS – Rosa Castro rosa.
Outreach CNS – Nancy O’Connor nancy.
Outreach CNS – Louise Halpenny louise.
Paediatric Spinal Nurse Specialist – Lisa Swann-Hayden lisa.
Paediatric Spinal Nurse Specialist – Laura Graham laura.
Karen Richardson – Outreach Case Manager k.
Martin Chainani – Community Case Manager m.
Outreach Administrator - Cathy Godfrey catherine.
- SIA/MASCIP bowel guidelines 2012
- SIA/Huntleigh Manual Handling Operations moving and handling guidelines
- RCN catheter care
- Ventilator Free Breathing Guidelines
- LSCIC Patient Education Pack
- SW London and Surrey Pathway for children with SCI July 2014
- Advice Centres for children with SCI
- NICE Guideline - Spinal Injury: assessment and initial management
- Advice for Acute Centres on Acute SCI in Adults