NHS Contact Details
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8909 5820
+44 (0)20 8909 5519
Shoulder, upper limb, joint replacement and rehabilitation
Consultant Physiotherapist. Recurrent atraumatic shoulder instability. Complex shoulder pain. Conservative management for rotator cuff insufficiency. Post operative physiotherapy.
- Chief investigator - randomised double-blinded placebo controlled trial ‘Does Surgery have any added value in the management of atraumatic shoulder instability versus physiotherapy alone?’
- Electromyography in the shoulder
- Complex shoulder pain evaluation and management
- Conservative management of atraumatic shoulder instability
Anju qualified from the University of East London in 1992 with a honours degree in Physiotherapy. She started at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore in 1996 and developed an interest & passion for shoulder dysfunction. For the last 15 years she has been working closely with Senior Orthopaedic Consultants specialising in the Shoulder & Elbow. Anju has a particular interest in shoulder instability with published work and is currently leading on a multi-centred randomized placebo controlled trial (Does Surgery have any added value in atraumatic shoulder instability vs physio alone) as well as sitting on the British Shoulder & Elbow Society (BESS) sub-committee looking at National guidelines for management of shoulder instability. She presents both nationally & internationally as well as running her own shoulder courses. She sits on the education committee of BESS and is currently President of the European Society of Elbow & Shoulder Rehabilitation (EUSSER), invited on to the European Society of Shoulder & Elbow Surgery (SECEC/ESSSE) as a member of the SECEC/Rehab committee.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- MSc Module Research Methodology and Research Dissertation
- 15 years of specialist clinical experience in shoulder dysfunction
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP)
- Registered member of Health Professional Council (HPC)
- President of European Society of Shoulder & Elbow Rehabilitation (EUSSER)
- Education committee member of British Shoulder & Elbow Society (BESS)
4 Jaggi A, Cairns M, Malone AA, Cowan J, Lambert S, Bayley JIL 2009 Prospective blinded comparison of surface versus wire electromyographic analysis of muscle recruitment in shoulder instability. Physiotherapy Research International 14 (1): 17-29
4 Jaggi A, Lambert S. Rehabilitation for instability. British Journal of Sports Medicine 2010; Vol 44, No 5: 333-340.
4 Noorani AM, Roberts DJ, Malone AA, Waters TS, Jaggi A, Lambert SM, Bayley I. Validation of the Stanmore percentage of normal shoulder assessment. Int J Shoulder Surg 2012;6:9-14
4 Jaggi A, Noorani A, Malone AA, Lambert SM, Cowan J, Bayley 2012 Muscle Activation Patterns in Patients with Recurrent Shoulder Instability. International Journal of shoulder surgery 6 (4) 101-7.