The department of Neuro-Urology offers a comprehensive multi-disciplinary service to the RNOH.
We provide a dynamic service from initial consultation through to comprehensive investigation, treatment and a follow up programme.
We are able to provide within our services; neuro-urology, reconstructive surgical consultations, video-urodynamics, ultrasounds and other necessary investigations. The team has a weekly operating list and regular outpatient clinics, which incorporates the following range of services.
- Neuro-Urology for spinal cord injured patients - investigation, minimally invasive and reconstructive surgery, short and long term treatment plans and management.
- Outpatient clinics twice a week
- Operative list once a week
- Clinical drug and research studies in neuro-urology, fertility and sexual function
- Nurse led sexual function clinic
- Nurse led catheter clinic
- Nurse led video-urodynamic service
- Neuro-urology nurse specialist service
From December 2022, the RNOH Neuro-urology service committed to using ‘PATHPOINT’, an electronic referral and pathway management system, for all Consultant-led referrals from secondary and tertiary care organisations.
General Practitioners should continue to refer to RNOH using the UK Electronic Referral System (ERS)- please see below.
PATHPOINT offers significant benefits to referrers:
- Secure, streamlined, electronic referral forms
- Receive updates and notifications in real time
- Increased visibility of all referrals and triage outcomes
To submit a referral to the Urology service please access the 'PATHPOINT' link (within your Secure hospital network) and follow the steps below:
- Register with your personal NHS email address for a PATHPOINT account to manage your referral/s
- Login to your account with your credentials by clicking the 'PATHPOINT' link
- Input your referring organisation, and patient PID details
- Click the drop down list of referral pathway forms and select "Urology" and click "Go to referral form" to launch the form
- Fill in all fields of the Urology service referral form and click "Save Urology"
NB: You will receive notification emails to your NHS email account from PATHPOINT from the Urology service with updates about the status of your referral if further information is required.
To give your feedback, or for any further questions, please email the relevant contact below:
PATHPOINT Technical Support: support
Feedback to RNOH Project Team: rnoh.
For further information on the PATHPOINT system, please click here
Referrals are accepted from GPs and consultants. If you are a GP referring to the RNOH please use the NHS e-Referral Service system, e-RS.
- Mr Frank Lee - Neuro-urology, reconstructive and general urology, bladder problems due to spinal cord injuries, spina bifida, traumatic brain injury and multiple...
- Mr Julian Shah - Neuro-urology, incontinence and reconstructive urology. Urology. Erectile dysfunction. Female urology. Incontinence. Urinary tract infections...