Mr Will Aston
Mr Will Aston
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Hip and knee replacement, rehabilitation and cartilage transplantation
- Specialist clinical interests:
- Surgical treatment of arthritis, including cartilage transplantation, arthroscopic knee surgery, knee and hip replacement surgery, complex hip and knee revision surgery and the management of bone and soft tissue tumours.
- Research interests:
Design and fixation of massive prostheses in limb salvage surgery and the use of these techniques in revision joint replacement surgery. Aiming to improve functional outcomes by using joint sparing techniques coupled with biological reconstruction where possible.
- Education and training:
Mr Aston qualified from the Royal London Hospital Medical School in 1997. After basic surgical training at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital, he gained a place on the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital training rotation. Mr Aston underwent subspecialty training at the RNOH in complex primary and revision joint replacement surgery, and bone and soft tissue sarcoma surgery, then a further one year fellowship in the above specialties at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney, Australia.
Qualifications: BSc, MBBS, MRCS Ed, FRCS Ed (Tr & Orth)
- Presentations and conferences:
Mr Aston has published papers, book chapters and presented at international meetings on the above topics and he is a member of the British Orthopaedic Oncology Society. He is involved with the teaching and training of future orthopaedic surgeons.