Consultant in Spinal Injuries and Rehabilitation Medicine
Spinal Deformity and Injury
Management of complex spasticity including use of Botulinum Toxin and ITB. Rehabilitation of spinal injured patients with MSCC/malignant tumors. Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation.
- Musculoskeletal problems (low back pain and shoulder dysfunction) in Acute and chronic spinal Cord Injuries
- Depression following Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain-Computer interface and use of EAT in “Locked in Syndrome”
Consultant in Spinal Injuries and Rehabilitation Medicine at London SCIC and Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore (June 2012 onwards).
From 1995 - 2004 I worked as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, and came to UK for further advanced training in Orthopaedics, especially Spinal and Joint replacement surgery. I worked in Orhopaedics and Trauma units in different hospitals in UK from 2004 to 2007.
I was awarded NTN and joined National Training Programme for Rehabilitation Medicine at Northern Deanery (International Centre for Neurological Rehabilitation and Neuropsychiatry, Walkergate Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne) from December 2007-2011, and successfully achieved CCT in Rehabilitation medicine.
I worked as
- Acting up consultant in Neurological Rehabilitation from January 20011 to May 2011,
- Full time consultant in Trauma and Neurological Rehabilitation at University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, from January 20122 to June 2012
I completed my medical degree (MBBS) in 1990, from Government Medical College, Vadodara, Gujarat, India( WHO recognised), completed one year of compulsory internship (House Officer/FY1 training) and joined 4 years of postgraduate SpR training to obtain degree qualification in Trauma and Orthopaedics, from 1991- 1994 at Government Medical College, Vadodara, Gujarat, India, affiliated with 1600 bedded SSG General and Teaching Hospital. I was awarded Master of Surgery degree in Trauma and Orthopaedics, equivalent to FRCS Trauma and Orthopaedics.
- Postgraduate and undergraduate Teaching and training
- Member of TPMC for Rehabilitation Medicine
- Royal College of Physicians, London
- British Society of Rehabilitation Medicine
- European Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- London Cancer Network
- Headway - Newcastle upon Tyne (2008-2011)
- Habitual dislocation of Patella in Knee disarticulation stump in a patient of congenital Type 1 deficiency of Tibia – A case report- Journal Paediatric Orthopaedics B, 18:339-340, 2009
- Clinical outcome of Dynesys spine stabilization system in degenerative lumbar Spine Disorders– SICOT/SIROT XXIV Triennial World Congress 24-28 August 2008
- Clinical outcome of Proximal Humerus Fractures treated with Halder Humeral Nail- SICOT/SIROT XXIV Triennial World Congress 24-28 August 2008
- Refractory Holmes’ Tremor in case of Midbrain and Proximal Brainstem infarct – challenge in Neurological rehabilitation – a case report – Journal of Movement Disorders (special edition), June 2008
- Comparative Study of Rigid Versus Dynamic Spine Stabilization (DYNESYS) for Degenerative Lumbar Spine disorders- Journal Of Orthopaedics 2007;4(3)e7
- Refractory Holme’s Tremor in Traumatic Brain Injury. - A case report on Use of Lycra splint. Published in Movement Disorder journal, June 2011 (special edition)
- Postgraduate Thesis: “950 Condylar Blade Plate Fixation” in Extra-articular fractures of lower third of Femur.