Mr James Donaldson
Mr James Donaldson
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Hip and knee replacement, rehabilitation and cartilage transplantation
- Specialist clinical interests:
- Primary, complex primary and revision hip replacements. Partial and total knee replacements, complex primary and revision knee replacements. Infected hip and knee replacements. Patient specific and customised implants. Arthroscopic and soft tissue knee surgery. Cartilage regeneration and joint preserving procedures, including osteotomy. Patello-femoral re-alignment procedures.
- Professional profile:
James Donaldson qualified from University College London Medical School in 2002. He trained on the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital rotation and achieved his completion of training in 2013. Before taking up a consultant post at the RNOH he undertook two subspecialist fellowships: a one year international fellowship in Toronto, Canada and a six month fellowship on the Joint Reconstruction Unit at Stanmore. He also has prior consultant experience working at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead, London.
His practice is divided between hip and knee surgeries including primary and complex primary replacements, revision surgeries for failure or infection, as well as arthroscopic and soft tissue knee surgery and osteotomies. In addition he has an on-going academic and clinical interest in cartilage regeneration.
He has been awarded ten academic prizes throughout his career and has written numerous textbook chapters and articles in peer reviewed journals. He has presented at both national and international meetings and remains a keen teacher. He has co-authored a website for junior orthopaedic trainees and medical students and is an invited faculty member on a number of national courses on both hip and knee surgery.
- General Medical Council (specialist registration)
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Royal College of Surgeons