Mr David Butt
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Shoulder, upper limb, joint replacement and rehabilitation
- Specialist clinical interests:
- Shoulder and elbow surgery, joint replacement, reconstruction and arthroscopy
- Professional profile:
Mr Butt qualified from Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ London Medical School in 2004. He completed his Specialist Orthopaedic Training on the South East Thames Orthopaedic Rotation, sub-specialising in shoulder and elbow surgery and reconstruction. During his Orthopaedic Training, he also completed an MSc in Orthopaedic Basic Science at the University of Brighton.
Mr Butt became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS Tr & Orth) in 2015 and gained further Specialist Training with a Fellowship at Guy’s Hospital London, focusing on shoulder and elbow arthroscopy and arthroplasty. Mr Butt also completed a Fellowship in the Shoulder and Elbow Unit at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, with special emphasis on complex shoulder and elbow reconstruction. He was awarded the prestigious Watanabe Travelling Fellowship in 2017 and used this opportunity to visit Specialists of arthroscopic shoulder surgery at National Centres of Excellence. Mr Butt was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon to the Shoulder and Elbow Unit in 2018.
Mr Butt’s practice at the RNOH comprises solely of shoulder and elbow surgery, including primary and revision arthroplasty and arthrodesis as well as management of infection, non-union, complex instability, rotator cuff pathology (including tendon transfers and capsular reconstruction), fractures, arthritis and tendinopathies. Mr Butt works closely with Surgical and Therapy colleagues and strongly believes in a multidisciplinary approach to treatment.
- Education and training:
- Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ Medical School.
- South East Thames Orthopaedic Training Programme.
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals.
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital.
- Awards and Prizes:
- Ian Kelly Prize, British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- Watanabe Club Travelling Fellowship
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow & Shoulder Society
- Watanabe Club (Shoulder Arthroscopy