Mr Chethan Jayadev
- Locum Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Hip and knee replacement, rehabilitation and cartilage transplantation
- Specialist clinical interests:
- Primary, complex primary and revision hip and knee replacements. Partial knee replacement. Infected hip and knee replacements. Knee preservation surgery including osteotomies. Knee arthroscopy and meniscal repair. Knee ligament reconstruction and patellar realignment procedures.
- Research interests:
Technology and innovation in hip and knee replacement surgery; kinematic alignment in knee replacement; basic science of osteoarthritis and cartilage.
- Education and training:
Chethan Jayadev studied Medicine at the University of Oxford (Magdalen College). He trained on the Royal London Hospital orthopaedic rotation. During his training, Chethan completed a DPhil (PhD) at the Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology & Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford. After completing his training, Chethan undertook subspecialist fellowships at Gold Coast University Hospital (Queensland, Australia), the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre (Oxford) and the Royal Berkshire Hospital (Reading).
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons, England
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK)