Dr Imad Sedki
Dr Imad Sedki
- Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine
- Prosthetic Rehabilitation
- Specialist clinical interests:
- Phantom limb pain, specific residual limb problems; Rehabilitation Medicine, Amputee Rehabilitation.
- Research interests:
Phantom limb pain management, prescribing prosthetic components, congenital limb deficiencies
- Professional profile:
He is currently part of a small minority of doctors in the UK who dedicated their full career to working with Amputees and people with congenital limb deficiencies. He works at both the Prosthetic Rehabilitation Units in Stanmore and Luton and chairs the Special Interest Group for Amputee Medicine in the British Society of Rehabilitation Medicine. He is also one of two convenors for the Advance Amputee Rehabilitation Course which is held annually in Stanmore. He is also an active member of the Inter-Regional Prosthetic Audit Group which includes 9 Prosthetic Centres in the South East of England.
- Education and training:
Dr Sedki studied Medicine at Damascus University graduating in 1997. He obtained a Masters degree in Orthopaedic Surgery from Dundee University in 2002, and obtained membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2004. He then joined North London Training Program for Rehabilitation Medicine in 2006 and became a consultant in 2010.
- The British Society of Rehabilitation Medicine
- The International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics