Published on: 21st September 2021
North London Partners Shared Services (NLPSS) was formally approved on 20 September and fulfils one of the expectations of the NHS Long Term Plan’s requirements for integrated care systems by establishing a shared platform for corporate and clinical support services.
Launching on 1 December, NLPSS will initially bring together transactional recruitment services (checks involved to make employment happen such as professional registration, IDs, references, right to work etc) for eight of the nine partners, including the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, who have chosen to transfer this service to NLPSS.
NLPSS’s aim is to improve staff experience, benefit from investment in the latest technologies, such as robotic process automation, and provide a more resilient and efficient service.
The nine trusts involved in the NLPSS partnership are:
- Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust
- Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
- Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
Partner trusts can decide which services they decide to transfer to NLPSS, on a case-by-case basis. For example, Moorfields are part of the partnership but will not be transferring its recruitment services to NLPSS.