We have a number of volunteering opportunities available, and we welcome applicants from all parts of the community. If you are interested in one of our volunteering roles, the application process is described below.
You can find our current roles on the Volunteering opportunities page.
We only accept applications from those 18 years or older.
As a volunteer with the RNOH you will benefit from the following:
- Opportunity to volunteer at one of the leading specialist orthopaedic hospitals in the world
- Improve the experiences of our patients and visitors
- Gain skills and practical experience working with people
- Structured and relevant training for the role
- References provided upon completion of 4 consecutive months of volunteering
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
The majority of our volunteer roles will not require previous experience or specific skills as training and induction will be given. Aptitude and the willingness to learn are what we are looking for!
The application process
- Take a look at our current opportunities.
- Request or download a volunteer application form and send the completed form in to Volunteer Services (Details below).
- Applicants will be invited in for an informal interview to discuss the role and what will be involved.
- Successful applicants will be required to complete a DBS (criminal record) check. Applicants will also be asked to complete a short occupational health questionnaire and provide details of two referees willing to provide a reference.
- New volunteers will be invited in for an induction and training session, lasting half a day.
- On your first day, you will be given a local orientation session in the department which you are joining.
- The Volunteer Services team will support through throughout your volunteering.
A criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from volunteering with us; decisions are made on a case-by-case basis by the Volunteer Services team.
You can download the Volunteer Application Form below.
For more information or to send completed applications, please contact us at:Volunteer Services
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
Tel: 0208 909 5394