Volunteering at the RNOH
The RNOH believes that volunteers can make a big contribution towards enhancing our services and improving patient experience. Volunteers can bring a variety of skills, experiences, and enthusiasm, and the Trust offers many meaningful and valuable roles.
The majority of our volunteer roles will not require previous experience or specific skills as training and induction will be given. Aptitude and the willingness to learn are what we are looking for!
We have a variety of patient facing and administration roles available for volunteers aged 18+
- Patient Involvement Volunteer to work with the Development team on LOS (Length of Stay), eReferrals and theatre utilisation projects. Volunteers need to be existing or ex-patient with some management experience. Forward thinking and with well formulated and balanced views, this could be a challenging but rewarding role. Read the Patient Participation Liaison Volunteer advert.
- Bolsover Street Volunteers under the supervision of nursing staff assisting in errands, escorting patients and supporting patients and children in the waiting area. Bolsover Street Support Volunteer
- LSCIC Patient Buddy Volunteer to support patients in developing their independence after life changing injuries. LSCIC Patient Buddy Volunteer Advert
- LSCIC Garden Volunteer will make a valuable contribution to the upkeep and appearance of the LSCIC garden and elsewhere LSCIC Garden Volunteer advert
- Outpatient Support Volunteers assist, escort and direct visitors and patients, providing information about facilities and services (at both our Stanmore and Bolsover Street sites).
- Patient Group Volunteers advocate the patient voice and provide feedback through ward liaison, inspections and Board reports.
- Other Charity and Volunteer Liaison Support - the RNOH supports other charities and voluntary organisations operating on its Stanmore site. Find out more via our Other Services page.
These are just some of the volunteer roles currently offered at the RNOH – new opportunities are being developed regularly.
We are proud of our diverse community of volunteers who each have a unique background of skills and life experience. This diversity has enabled us to provide specialist services to patients including arts and craft therapy, photography workshops, and guided meditation sessions. If you have a specialist skill that could benefit our patients and/or staff, we would love to hear from you (we are particularly keen to hear from hairdressers and beauty therapists).
Speak to one of our friendly team today about how we can match your skills and experience to the perfect volunteer role!
Why volunteer at the RNOH?
As a volunteer with the RNOH you will benefit from the following:
- Opportunity to volunteer at one of the leading specialist orthopaedic hospitals in the world
- Improve the experiences of our patients and visitors
- Gain skills and practical experience working with people
- Structured and relevant training for the role
- References provided upon completion of four consecutive months of volunteering
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Uniform provided.
How to apply
- Take a look at our current volunteering opportunities (listed above).
- Read our Volunteer Recruitment Guide for information about the recruitment process
- Click the button below to apply for a volunteer role. You will be redirected to our online application system called Better Impact.
The Trust is committed to ensuring equality and diversity in its voluntary services and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities. Please note: We only accept applications from those aged 18+ years.
Frequently Asked Questions
For further information, see our frequently asked questions page or contact the team.
Contact Volunteer Services
For more information or to request a role description and application form, please contact the team at:Volunteer Services
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
Tel: 020 8909 5394
|RNOH Volunteer Recruitment Guide||7.76 MB|