The RNOH is one of only five designated centres in the country which specialises in the care and treatment of patients who suffer from bone and soft tissue cancers. Treatment includes bespoke endo-prostheses, bone transportation and bone grafting and the RNOH are leaders in limb salvage. Surgeons at the RNOH work with a team of oncologists and other specialists including the on-site Biomedical Engineering Unit, in providing a specially tailored package of care for each patient including surgical investigation, radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
Consultants and other health professionals at the RNOH have been instrumental in the creation and development of the London Sarcoma Service. The London Sarcoma Service is one of the largest sarcoma services in Europe with an international reputation for providing the highest quality of care to patients with sarcoma. It provides a comprehensive service to patients of all ages from the first consultation, through investigation, to treatment, rehabilitation and follow-up, seeing about 500 new patients with sarcoma each year.
For more information please see the London Sarcoma Service website.
The services offered include:
- Surgical excision of tumours
- Limb salvage (an alternative to amputation - the limb is saved and prosthetics are used to replace the diseased part.)
- Massive replacement - the replacement of the major proportion of the cancer affected limb using custom made prostheses
Referrals can be received from GPs or hospital doctors. For further information on how to refer, please contact the Sarcoma MDT Office on 020 8909 5112 or alternatively, please complete one of the following forms to email@example.com:
GP referral form / GP referral form (for GP's out of London) / Sarcoma MDT Proforma.
All referral information has to be received by 3pm on a Wednesday for discussion at that Friday’s MDT. If your case is urgent, please ring us on 020 8909 5111/5600
Jan Wakeman Blue – Secretary to Mr Pollock and Dr Dileo
020 3947 0041 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Jane Moody – Secretary to Mr Aston
020 3947 0041 / email@example.com
Rowena Tuthill – Secretary to Prof Skinner
020 3947 0041 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Allan Yank – Secretary to Prof Briggs and Mr Gikas
020 3947 0041 / email@example.com
Rohma Ansari - Secretary to Mr Gerrand
020 3947 1484 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Woodford – Nurse Consultant in Cancer and Supportive Care
020 8909 5512 / email@example.com
Mitika Nandha - Secretary to CNS team / Julie Woodford
020 8909 5878 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Nurse Specialists
Hannah Baldwin – Clinical Nurse Specialist (children and young adults)
07554 330838 / email@example.com
Millicent Lipshaw - Clinical Nurse Specialist (children and young adults)
07554 330838 / Millicent.firstname.lastname@example.org
Jo Coleman – Clinical Nurse Specialist
020 8909 5710 / email@example.com
Louise Gillings – Clinical Nurse Specialist
020 8909 5282 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicki Willis – Clinical Nurse Specialist
07920 295206 / email@example.com
Jane Martin - Clinical Nurse Specialist (Spinal)
020 3947 0495 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Fulton – Physiotherapy Clinical Specialist in Amputee Rehabilitation (Therapy Lead Amputee and Sarcoma Services)
020 8909 5830 / email@example.com
Joshna Hirani – Sarcoma Occupational Therapist
020 8909 5830 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Hannah Hughes – Sarcoma Physiotherapist
020 8909 5830 / email@example.com
- Mr Will Aston - Surgical treatment of arthritis, including cartilage transplantation, arthroscopic knee surgery, knee and hip replacement surgery, complex hip and...
- Professor Tim W R Briggs - Bone and soft tissue sarcomas. Complex hip and knee surgery. Complex revision hip and knee surgery. Cartilage transplantation.
- Mr Craig Gerrand - Bone and soft tissue tumour surgery, bone and soft tissue sarcoma, metastatic bone disease
- Mr Panagiotis Gikas - Primary hip and knee joint replacements including anterior approach hip replacement. Revision hip and knee Joint replacements Complex hip and...
- Mr Rob Pollock - Bone tumours, soft tissue sarcoma, primary and revision hip and knee and cartilage transplantation.
- Professor John Skinner - Hip replacement and revision surgery. Knee replacement and revision surgery. Bone and soft tissue sarcoma surgery; resection and reconstruction.
|Follow-up Guidelines for Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcomas||161.79 KB|
|GP Referral Form||410.14 KB|
|GP referral form (for GP's out of London)||53.33 KB|
|Hospital transfer summary for paediatric sarcoma patients||74.46 KB|
|LSESN Second Opinion Policy||170.61 KB|
|Sarcoma MDT Proforma||196.92 KB|