NCL Local Digital Roadmap
The North Central London landscape consists of 5 Clinical Commissioning Groups, 5 Local Authorities and 12 acute, community, mental health and specialist providers who, until recently, have predominantly operated independently with no shared digital strategy. The ability to share clinical information across the whole health and care system is therefore limited.
Although individual organisations have collaborated on digital projects, working collectively across all organisations remains a relatively new endeavour and we continue to build the trust required to enable us to do so.
Through the development of this local digital roadmap the 22 partner organisations and the North East London Commissioning Support Unit have come together to agree how we can implement digital services to manage the health and wellbeing of the NCL population and move from paper-based to digitally enabled care processes within our health and care organisations.
Five digital themes underpin our vision and ambition:
- Digitally activated population: We will provide our citizens with access to their personal health and care information and equip them with tools which enable them to actively manage their own health and wellbeing
- Connected care: We will create and share care records and plans that can be shared across health and care systems seamlessly to enable integrated care delivery across organisations
- Insights driven health system: We will identify patients at risk of illness, monitor the effectiveness of interventions on patients with established disease and deliver whole systems intelligence so the needs of our entire population can be predicted and met
- Digitally enabled workforce: We will enable our care professionals to work and communicate effectively, anywhere at any time
- Sustainable Care: We will improve efficiency and reduce costs by working together to deliver digital services where this benefits our population
|North Central London Local Digital Roadmap||2.91 MB|