Please note that as of January 2018, Dr Cohen’s Pain Management service is closed, for an initial period of six months. Any referrals received during this period will be rejected and returned to the referrer.
Range Of Services
The rheumatology service focuses on the diagnosis and management of inflammatory and degenerative joint disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis and soft tissue rheumatology, for example frozen shoulder.
- Investigation and management of inflammatory joint disease and connective tissue disorders
- Investigation and management of soft tissue rheumatism
- Investigation and management of back pain
- In-patient rehabilitation service for patients with ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis
- In-patient rehabilitation service for patients with hypermobility and chronic pain
- Multi-disciplinary management of chronic rheumatic disorders in liaison with experienced orthopaedic physiotherapists, occupational therapists and clinical psychologists
- Telephone hotline advisory service with Rheumatology Nurse Specialist
- Close collaboration with orthopaedic surgeons
- Combined clinics/close collaboration with physiotherapists, occupational therapists and podiatrists
Please refer to the documentation below for information on our referral acceptance criteria for Hypermobility, and for a copy of our referral profroma that will need to be included with any referral into the hypermobility service. Please see the documents at the bottom of this page.
Rheumatology Secretary (Stanmore), Pauline Lenihan, Tel 020 8909 5894 / Fax 020 8909 5788
Rheumatology Secretary (Stanmore) Maria Mukherjee Tel 020 8909 5894/5315 / Fax 020 8909 5788.
Rheumatology Secretary (Stanmore) Laura Park 020 8385 3040 / Fax 020 8909 5788.
Rheumatology Secretary (Stanmore), Janice Cohen/Anita Mukhey Tel 020 8909 5314
Rheumatology Nurse Specialist, Christina Peters, Tel 020 8909 5461
Fax 020 8420 7487
Consultants - Specialist Interests
|Hypermobility referral letter to patient||217.5 KB|
|Referral pro-forma for hypermobility||188 KB|
|Hypermobility referral criteria July 2016||36 KB|