The RNOH provides comprehensive care for patients with chronic pain resulting from a wide range of musculoskeletal and neurological problems. Pain management services are provided by teams of experienced specialists across several departments ensuring that patients benefit from an interdisciplinary approach. This approach is fostered by multidisciplinary ward rounds, clinics and meetings as well as combined joint clinics between specialties within the RNOH.
- Specialist consultations through pain clinics.
- Minimally invasive interventional treatments.
- Long-term intra-thecal drug delivery.
- cognitive behavioural therapy based multidisciplinary pain management programmes, including a high-intensity inpatient programme.
There are two chronic pain management consultants:
- Dr Rebecca Berman, full time pain management
- Dr Roxaneh Zarnegar, anaesthesia and pain management
Other key staff are Mrs Julia Sach, chronic pain specialist nurse, and one advanced trainee. The department is a centre for advanced training in pain management and we have a pain fellow on a one-year rotational fellowship with the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery.
We accept referral from GP practices as well as RNOH consultants and clinicians at other secondary care centres. All referrals are triaged by one of the consultants. GP referrals should be submitted via NHS eReferrals.
Dr Berman's secretary, 0203 947 0043
Dr Zarnegar's secretary, 0203 947 0043
Mrs Julia Sach, Specialist Nurse 020 8909 5669
Michelle Lilley, Chronic Pain Clinical Nurse Specialist 020 8909 5669
Ms Faustina Aikins, Chronic Pain Clinical Nurse Specialist 020 8909 5669