Implant Science Analysis Service
The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) offers a range of hip, knee and spine implant retrieval analysis services to support surgeons in their clinical decision making and patient management.
This hospital-to-hospital NHS service is available for retrieved implants from surgeons and uses advanced metrology methods to evaluate the extent and patterns of in vivo damage to identify cause of failure, differentiating between surgeon and implant factors.
Your NHS trust can request the RNOH to decontaminate, store and analyse your retrieved implant.
Range of Services
- Decontamination and secure, tracked storage of implants
- Macroscopic and microscopic surface analysis
- Detailed metrological component analysis
- Examination of relevant associated clinical and imaging data
- Report of analysis findings (basic or detailed)
To request more information or to send an implant for storage and/or analysis, please complete the online request form below. You will be contacted soon after by the Implant Retrieval Coordinator with details of how to proceed.
Alternatively, you may contact the coordinator directly at:
Telephone: 020 8416 3412