The RNOH provides comprehensive care for patients with chronic pain (CP) resulting from a wide range of musculoskeletal and neurological problems.
Pain management services are provided by experienced specialists ensuring that patients benefit from an inter-disciplinary approach. This approach is fostered by multidisciplinary ward rounds, clinics and meetings as well as combined clinics between specialties within the RNOH.
A yearly annual report is published for the public to view on how patients are improving their lives with our service (CPC report 2015/2016).
There are five chronic pain management consultants:
- Dr R. Zarnegar, anaesthesia and pain management (Clinical Lead)
- Dr T. Fernandez, anaesthesia, acute and chronic pain management
- Dr D. Mihaylov, anaesthesia and pain management
- Dr R. Berman, full time pain management
We accept referral from GP practices as well as RNOH consultants and clinicians at other secondary care centres. All referrals are triaged by one of the consultants. Referrals specifically directed to the pain management programmes may also be sent to Dr Joseph Cowan, Consultant in Neurophysiology and Rehabilitation Medicine.
- Dr Berman's secretary, 020 8909 5463
- Dr Zarnegar's secretary, 020 8909 5274
- Dr Fernandez's secretary, 020 8909 5274
- Mrs Julia Sach, Chronic Pain Clinical Nurse Specialist 020 8909 5669 (Lead)
- Ms Faustina Aikins, Chronic Pain Clinical Nurse Specialist, 020 8909 5669 (Deputy)
- Michelle Carson, Chronic Pain Clinical Nurse Specialist 020 8909 5669
|Chronic Pain Report 2014/2015||945.16 KB|
|Chronic Pain Centre Annual Report 2015-2016||1.68 MB|