RNOH publishes draft equality objectives
In order to meet the public sector equality duty (PSED) under the Equality Act 2010, we have developed draft equality objectives, aiming to strengthen our performance in advancing equality for protected groups - both patients and staff.
We have adopted the NHS’ national framework for complying with the Equality Act – the Equality Delivery System (EDS), the main goals of which are:
- Better health outcomes for all
- Improved patient access and experience
- Empowered, engaged and well-supported staff
- Inclusive leadership for all
Views are sought on these objectives - please email your feedback to email@example.com
Draft equality objectives
During 2012/13, we will ….
- Implement the Equality Delivery System as our equality governance structure to improve equality performance and build partnerships with local patient and community groups
- Gather and publish patient and staff data to inform our priorities to eliminate discrimination by asking people from different groups what they think of our services/about working at the Trust (we will use existing sources of data e.g. staff survey)
- Review how we currently engage with staff and our patients across the nine protected groups to identify gaps and ways to fill them
- Revise our equality impact assessment process and ensure that all new/revised policies and service plans take equality into consideration