Quality Account – have your say on our 2014/15 quality priorities: What do high quality services mean to you?
Every year, all NHS organisations are required to produce a Quality Account.
This is a report about the quality of the services and care we deliver at the Trust.
Our Quality Account should give members of the public and other stakeholders enough information to understand:
- what we are doing well
- where improvements in service quality are required
- what our priorities for improvement are for the coming year; and,
- how we have involved people who use our services, staff, and others with an interest in our organisation in determining these priorities for improvement.
Priorities for 2014/15 will be set in line with our commissioner’s intentions and the NHS Outcomes Framework, which will include:
- Everyone counts
- The Friends and Family Test
- NHS Safety Thermometer
- Patient reported outcome measures (PROMs)
Please take this opportunity to give us your views on what a high quality service means to you.
You can give your views by:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Post:
Assistant Director of External Compliance and Quality Assurance
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
Please note the consultation closes on Friday 21st March 2014.