Priority support for vulnerable people during a power cut
Do you need extra support during a power cut or do you know someone else that would need extra support? UK Power Network provides services for free to customers who need support.
Power cuts don’t happen very often but if the electricity network is damaged or develops a fault it’s our job to get your power back on. Our engineers will work around the clock 24/7 to restore your power as quickly and as safely as possible.
If you live in London, the East or South East of England, then being on the Priority Services Register will ensure you will receive extra support if you experience a power cut.
What help should I expect to get during a power cut?
- A priority number that you can call 24 hours a day
- A dedicated team who will contact you to keep you updated during a power cut
- We can put you in touch with an expert who can offer you advice on energy bills and energy saving tips if this is important to you
- Tailored support if needed such as home visits, hot meals, advice and keeping your friends and relatives updated
- In certain scenarios we may also offer a free hotel overnight and transport to the hotel
Who can register to receive extra support?
- Customers who rely on medical equipment
- Customers who are chronically ill
- Customers with a disability
- Customers who have dementia
- Customers who are blind or partially sighted
- Customers who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Customers who are of pensionable age
- A nursing or residential home
- Customers with children under five in their household
- Any other case that you would like us to consider
Visit UK Power Network's website to see if you're eligible for priority support.