The RNOH Communications Dept. is the first point of contact for any media enquiries.
We aim to respond positively and openly to the wide range of media requests we receive. These include:
- providing clinical experts for comment on health-related issues
- providing case studies subject to patient consent
- overseeing filming relevant to the work of the RNOH and its partners
- providing media support during a major incident
We cannot accommodate all requests and reserve the right to decline if they conflict with the day to day running of our hospitals, our duty to respect patient and staff confidentiality or the long term interests of the RNOH. We may also decline requests which are made with limited notice.
Please call/email the Communications Dept. (020 8909 5349) or email email@example.com with any questions.
It is crucial that journalists use the Communications Dept. in the first instance as we are in the best position to find the information needed quickly or provide an authoritative source for a story.
The working hours for the Communications Dept. are Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm.
The only media enquiries that will be answered outside of these working hours are urgent matters and major incidents. To access the out-of-hours service call the switchboard on 020 8909 5876
Filming and photography
We are a major specialist hospital trust and receive lots of requests for filming and photography on our premises.
For commercial filming, please contact www.locationworks.com
We cannot accommodate all requests and reserve the right to decline if they conflict with the day-to-day running of our hospitals, our duty to respect patient and staff confidentiality or the long term interests of the RNOH.
We may also decline requests which are made with limited notice.
- Film crews and photographers must be accompanied by a member of UCLH staff at all times.
- Rigorous infection control procedures must be respected; for example, hand gel must be used on entering and leaving clinical areas.
- No patients or staff may be filmed without obtaining signed consent.
Applying to film at RNOH
If you would like to apply to film or take photographs at the RNOH, please call us to discuss in the first instance. If the filming is for a commercial or non-NHS related topic, we may then ask you to contact www.locationworks.com