Facilities and benefits
Our main hospital site at Stanmore is located in extensive grounds set amongst beautiful green belt countryside. There is even a lake on site and a staff fishing club. We are, however, easily accessible from main roads such as the M1 the A1(M) and the A41. The hospital is also within easy reach of London with a regular bus service to Edgware Station and a free courtesy car service to and from the closest underground station in Stanmore.
In addition, we are one of the only NHS hospitals in the country that offer free parking for patients, guests and staff! While space is limited, new car parks have recently been made available for staff across the site.
RNOH staff have access to an impressive sports facility on site - the ASPIRE National Training Centre, which was opened on the Stanmore site in 1998. Built with a National Lottery grant, ASPIRE houses a swimming pool, gym, multi-sports recreation hall and a dance studio, all of which are available for use by both able bodied and disabled patrons. Staff can get a generously discounted membership at ASPIRE as part of our staff benefits programme. Also on site is a subsidised staff restaurant - Broccles - and a staff social club.
Our central London outpatients facility, at Bolsover Street, is located in the heart of central London, near to Regents Park and within easy walking distance of Oxford Street. The nearest underground station is Great Portland Street.
Employee Benefits include:
- 27 days holiday per year, plus bank/public holidays
- Eligibility to join the NHS Pension Scheme which provides an excellent package of index linked pension and life assurance benefits
- Support for personal and professional development through the provision of internal training courses and also through assistance with external course fees and paid study leave
A comprehensive range of flexible working policies which includes:
- Up to 26 weeks paid and up to 26 weeks unpaid maternity leave
- 10 days paternity leave
- Adoption leave
- Job share and part time working
- Career breaks
- A generous occupational sick pay scheme which provides up to 6 months full pay and six months half pay.
Other benefits include:
- Access to RNOH specific discounts, deals and cash back offers (through My Trust Benefits)
- Discounted Gym membership (onsite at Stanmore Hospital)
- Access to onsite massage and relaxation therapies
- Onsite fishing (at the local hospital lake)
- Staff Social Club
- Chapel and Chaplain services
- Discounted meals at Staff Restaurant
Pending availability, there is limited staff accommodation on the Stanmore site. For further information, please contact Sam Cooley on 020 8909 5872 or email@example.com.
RNOH VAL-YOU Campaign
The RNOH has a goal of making our Trust the best place to work in the NHS!
We have committed to this aim because we know that if we look after our staff and ensure they love coming to work every day, they will continue providing the excellent care to our patients for which we are known.
The RNOH’s ‘VAL-YOU’ campaign is our concerted effort to make this aim a reality and is built on our Trust values, which underpin everything we do. VAL-YOU was launched in late-2016 to ensure we are providing the care, support and development our staff need to deliver their best work every day. More information can be found at VAL-YOU Campaign.