National Orthopaedic Alliance
As founder members of the Specialist Orthopaedic Alliance (SOA), the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital is helping to drive work around the National Orthopaedic Alliance (NOA).
The NOA is an acute care collaboration (ACC) vanguard project which builds on work that has been done by the SOA.
It will provide a framework for improving quality of orthopaedic care across England and is based on a Quality Standards membership model founded on evidence-based descriptors of ‘what good looks like’ in orthopaedic care.
The NOA will create tools for providers and commissioners to enable them to consistently achieve quality and efficiency including a clear benchmarking system. It will develop flexible contracting mechanisms to ensure that commissioners can adopt the quality assured new model of care in different local health systems. It will also be seeking opportunities to support other specialties in adopting similar quality based membership models to drive improvements in care.
The NOA is led by SOA founder members;
- Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in Oswestry
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust in Stanmore
- Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in Birmingham
- Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust