Mr Ajay Boppana
- Consultant in Musculoskeletal rehabilitation and Prosthetic rehabilitation
- Prosthetic Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Specialist clinical interests:
- Phantom Limb Pain, Post-polio syndrome, specific residual limb problems, Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Medicine, Amputee Rehabilitation, prescribing prosthetic components, congenital limb deficiencies.
- Professional profile:
Dr Boppana is one of the few practicing rehabilitation consultants who works in musculoskeletal rehabilitation as well as works at Prosthetic Rehabilitation Units in Stanmore and Luton.
He is one of the teaching faculty members for the Advance Amputee Rehabilitation Course which is held annually in Stanmore. He is also an active member of the Inter-Regional Prosthetic Audit Group which includes nine Prosthetic Centres in the South East of England.
- Education and training:
Dr Boppana studied medicine in India, graduating in 1999, and did a post graduate degree in Orthopaedic surgery in India. He then moved to U.K, joined Rehabilitation Training rotation in West Midlands and became a consultant in Feb 2017.
- The British Society of Rehabilitation Medicine
- The International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics