Advice & Guidance Services at RNOH
Advice and Guidance (A&G) allows one clinician to seek advice from another. Advice and Guidance is a communication between GP’s and RNOH consultants. A&G is a really useful mechanism that will help to reduce the number of inappropriate referrals into our two highest GP referred services;
- Joint Reconstruction
- Spinal Surgery
You may wish to seek Advice and Guidance from RNOH to:
- Seeking advice on the appropriateness of a referral for their patient (e.g. whether to refer or what the most appropriate alternative care pathway might be)
- Identifying the most clinically appropriate service to refer a patient to (and how to find that service – e.g. what clinical term to search on)
The responding clinicians are able to review the request (along with any attachments that may have been added) and, if required, add attachments, such as a proposed treatment plan or links to external documents and websites, before sending a response back to the requester.
What are the benefits to GPs?
- It enables the practice to better manage their patients and ensures they are directed to the correct services that best meet their needs.
- Reduces the risk of a redirection or rejection of the referral and will better ensure that the correct services are offered to the patients.
- May enable the patient to be managed in a community setting with no need to refer to a secondary organisation.
Please help reduce the number of inappropriate referrals into our services by using our advice and guidance services. It is quick and easy to use.
All Advice and Guidance Criteria
All requests of A&G must be for Spinal Surgery or Joint Reconstruction.
All advice and guidance requests must include the following information or they will not be processed:
- FIRST NAME
- Gender M/F
- NHS Number
- Hospital Number
- Daytime telephone
- GP Name
- Practice Address
- Date of Advice Request
- What advice or guidance is required?
- Past medical history? (significant and relevant to issue being discussed)
- Imaging undertaken (summarise or attach report if available)
Please use the A&G e-form and email to the following address:
All advice and guidance requests will be processed and responded to within two working days.
All emails will receive an automated response confirming receipt of the email request and provide guidance on the service protocol.
|RNOH Advice and Guidance e-form||765.5 KB|
|Quality Standard for provision of Advice and Guidance||2.35 MB|