The RNOH is one of only five designated centres in the country which specialises in the care and treatment of patients who suffer from bone and soft tissue cancers. Treatment includes bespoke endo-prostheses, bone transportation and bone grafting and the RNOH are leaders in limb salvage. Surgeons at the RNOH work with a team of oncologists and other specialists including the on-site Biomedical Engineering Unit, in providing a specially tailored package of care for each patient including surgical investigation, radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
London Sacroma Service
Consultants and other health professionals at the RNOH have been instrumental in the creation and development of the London Sarcoma Service. The London Sarcoma Service is one of the largest sarcoma services in Europe with an international reputation for providing the highest quality of care to patients with sarcoma. It provides a comprehensive service to patients of all ages from the first consultation, through investigation, to treatment, rehabilitation and follow-up, seeing about 500 new patients with sarcoma each year.
For more information please see the London Sarcoma Service website.
Range of Services
The services offered include:
- Surgical excision of tumours
- Limb salvage (an alternative to amputation - the limb is saved and prosthetics are used to replace the diseased part.)
- Massive replacement - the replacement of the major proportion of the cancer affected limb using custom made prostheses
Referrals can be received from GPs or hospital doctors. For further information on how to refer, please contact the Sarcoma MDT Office on 020 8909 5112 or alternatively, please complete one of the following forms:
GP referral form / Tertiary referral form.
- Key Contacts
- Veronica White - Secretary to Prof Briggs 020 8909 5573 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jane Moody - Secretary to Mr Aston and Mr Jagiello 020 8909 5619 email@example.com
- Jan Blue - Secretary to Mr Pollock and Dr Dileo 020 8909 5677 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicky Saunders - Secretary to Mr Skinner 0208 909 5621 email@example.com
- Julie Woodford - Nurse Consultant in Cancer and Supportive Care 07887 652 048 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jo Coleman - Clinical Nurse Specialist 07799 142 066 email@example.com
- Nicki Willis - Clinical Nurse Specialist 07920 295 206 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Louise Gillings - Clinical Nurse Specialist 0208 954 2300 email@example.com
- Hannah Baldwin - Clinical Nurse Specialist (children and young adults) 07554 330 838 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Fulton - Physiotherapy Clinical Specialist in Amputee Rehabilitation (Therapy Lead Amputee and Sarcoma Services) 0208 909 5830 email@example.com
- Ruth Carr - Sarcoma Unit Physiotherapist 0208 909 5830 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suzy Hudson - Sarcoma Unit Physiotherapist 0208 909 5830 email@example.com
- Claire Owen - Amputee Occupational Therapist 0208 909 5830 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katherine Stein - Sarcoma Unit Occupational Therapist 0208 909 5830 email@example.com
|GP referral form||85.5 KB|
|Tertiary referral form||253 KB|
|Follow-up Guidelines for Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcomas||161.79 KB|