Central London Outpatient Assessment Centre45 Bolsover St London W1W 5AQ
- Bolsover Street general enquiries:
- Telephone 020 7391 4277
- Orthotics (Bolsover Street):
- Telephone 020 7391 4225
- Physiotherapy (Stanmore and Bolsover Street):
- Telephone 020 8909 5820/5519
- X-Ray (Bolsover Street):
- Telephone 020 7391 4240
The new RNOH patient experience
The new central London Outpatient Assessment Centre opened in December 2009 and offers modern healthcare facilities for patients, which include clinics, imaging - both X-ray and ultrasound, orthotics, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, pre-operative assessment and plaster services. In addition to the new purpose built facility the staff have implemented several changes to the service delivery to improve the patient experience. While we will continue to be a busy and heavily subscribed specialist hospital we have worked hard to:
- Minimise queuing by implementing a larger team of clinic support workers who will greet you at reception efficiently and effectively; a self check-in system will be introduced in 2010
- Minimise waiting times by extending the working day to create more capacity and invest in the latest imaging equipment which is faster and safer
- Improve the privacy offered to patients by separating waiting areas, especially if you have changed into a gown, and creating space for you if you arrive by ambulance trolley
- Improve the experience for children by creating a large play area with lots of space, a child friendly appearance and facilities such as seating specifically for the children who visit. We will also have the support of a play specialist on specific paediatric clinic days.
- Provide a nice café area where you can have a light meal or hot drink
- Give you freedom to move around the building and enjoy the artwork or use the visitor computers on each floor. We will introduce guest access and wireless capability in 2010 so you can work on your own laptop if you prefer.
- Provide a patient pager so that we can call you to clinic when we are ready for you.
- Help you find your way through the use of interior design, colour and artwork. The first floor is themed red, the ground floor is themed blue and the lower ground floor is themed green.
- Provide a place for prayer or quiet reflection on the lower ground floor. Please ask staff if you wish to use the facility
We hope you enjoy the new facility and the new experience. Please give us feedback via our Say So scheme, especially if you think we could do something better!
The opening of the new building is not the end of the journey but just the beginning so if you have ideas that will help us improve the patient experience please contact us.